Getting to Winchester
We will give you instructions on how to get to Winchester by public transport from any airport/station/port, but you can book a taxi if you prefer.
Try to fly to Heathrow or Gatwick (LHR/LGW) or Southampton (SOU) or Bristol (BRS) if you can. But if you get a cheap flight to a North London airport (Stansted, Luton) we can also pick you up from there.
We can also arrange return transfers if you need one when your course finishes.
If you need a visa to study with us, we will issue you with a Letter of Acceptance.
If you study for up to 6 months and you are from an EU country, you do not need a visa, but you do need to study at an Accredited School.
What you can and cannot do
You can visit the UK to study at an accredited institution for up to 6 months, this includes English language courses.
You can also:
- a short piece of research that’s relevant to your course overseas
- an ‘elective’ - an optional additional placement, if you’re studying medicine, veterinary medicine and science, or dentistry
- a recreational course of up to 30 days, for example a dance course
- study at a state funded school or academy
- do a course that lasts longer than 6 months (except if you’re doing a distance learning course)
- do paid or unpaid work (this includes work experience or work placements, unless it is an eligible medical, veterinary or dentistry placement)
- live in the UK for long periods of time through frequent or successive visits
- get public funds (benefits)
If you study for more than 6 months and up to 11 months and you are from an EU country, you will need a Short-term study visa.
There are also some non-European countries that do not need a visa for under 6 months. Check the UK Government visa requirements here.
English Naturally is accredited by Accreditation Service for International Schools, Colleges and Universities (ASIC) which is an independent body providing accreditation services for independent, further and higher education colleges. ASIC accreditation helps students and parents make a more informed choice and will also help a school, college, university, training provider or distance education provider, demonstrate to the international student body that they are a high quality institution.